Please wait while we are redirecting you to
FANTWIST HOUSE RULES
Last modified: JUNE 19, 2023
- Management reserves the right to limit or refuse any wager. Patron must be 21 or older to place a wager with the Sportsbook.
- All wagers must be a minimum of $1 UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED.
- Management may change the minimum/maximum wager at any time.
- Wagers may be accepted at other than currently posted terms.
- Payoffs are calculated based on the price a ticket was sold at. For example, a wager of $120 on an event with a price of -120 would pay $100. A $100 wager on an event with a price of +150 would pay $150.
- Point spread and total bets default to -110 unless otherwise stated.
- Changes in odds or prices will be directly reflected within the betting menu on the mobile application.
- For wagering purposes, stipulations on the FanTwist web sites and mobile app will always take precedent over House Rules.
- Tickets go as written. Any voids or changes will be approved at Management’s discretion.
- All winning tickets are valid for 365 days after the date of the event. Management will retain a record of all relevant results, odds, lines, line changes, and related statistics for a period of 365 days. This will serve as protection for both the patron and Sportsbook in case of obvious human or mechanical error in which FanTwist may in its sole discretion, cancel any accepted wager for obvious error or in the case of a change in circumstance that makes grading the wager an impossibility. Obvious error can be defined as a clear mistake in the odds. Such mistakes could include the transposing of two prices on the money line or spread for a favorite and an underdog in a particular game or entering a typo in which you input the wrong price from what it was supposed to be, or as a result of some palpable technological or software error. FanTwist will report any cancellations of wager(s) to the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission via our Daily Exception Report.
- Winnings are subject to IRS Reporting and Withholding rules, if applicable. FanTwist assumes responsibility for paying the .24% federal tax on all wagers.
- All event results will be verified by at least 2 independent sources with one of those being the Sports Data IO and the other being the Official league website, when applicable.
- In the event of a dispute, FanTwist Management will come to a resolution that is deemed fair to all parties. If the patron is not satisfied by this resolution, the patron may contact the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission to review the matter.
- Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission has sole jurisdiction over all disputes regarding any and all wagers.
- FanTwist reserves the right to add, delete, or change the House Rules and/or payoff odds with the approval of the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission.
- House Rules only apply to Mobile Wagering Accounts, as applicable.
- For betting and/or grading purposes, the winner of an event or game is determined on the date of event’s conclusion according to house wagering rules and regulations. After the date that the event has concluded FanTwist does not recognize suspended games, protests, overturned decisions, etc. In the event of a conflicting and/or ambiguous result(s) pertaining to an event or game FanTwist will recognize the result provided by the official leagues governing body (NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, UFC, PGA, NCAA, etc.).
- Overtime is included in all applicable wagers, unless otherwise stated in House Rules or the mobile app or web site. This includes all full game, in-play, and second half wagers, etc.
- When wagering on the total amount of points scored in a game (except soccer): Full game, second half, and overtime wagers include all overtime periods unless otherwise stipulated in House Rules or the mobile app or web site.
- All game segment wagers including but not limited to quarters, halves, periods, must be completed in full, unless otherwise stipulated in House Rules or the mobile app or web site.
- For any event that is deemed “NO ACTION”, all wagers will be refunded to the patron and returned to the individual’s account balance within the FanTwist mobile app or web site.
- “Sports wagering” does not include placing a wager on the performance or nonperformance of any individual athlete participating in a single game or match of a collegiate sporting event in which a collegiate team from this state is a participant. As such, FanTwist will not offer individual in-game player props like “X Quarterback will run for a Touchdown?”.
- FanTwist shall cancel any wager made by a prohibited sports betting participant immediately upon becoming aware of such wager(s) and that the patron falls under the “Prohibited Sports Betting Participant” list.
- FanTwist abides by the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission’s Rules and therefore it will not accept any wagers on prohibited events; nor accept wagers by any "Prohibited Sports Betting Participant" (which is defined as coaches, athletic trainers, officials, players, or other individuals who participate in an authorized sporting event that is the subject of sports wagering regulated by the Commission). Should FanTwist learn of any such wager being made by a Prohibited Sports Betting Participant, FanTwist will investigate the matter and report such activity to the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission, and where appropriate, to the sport’s governing body. Moreover, any such wager made by a Prohibited Sports Betting Participant will be deemed void and the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission will be notified for further instruction as to disposition of funds.
- FanTwist will enforce the barring of a patron who is a Prohibited Sports Betting Participant immediately upon notice should the patron be added to the Prohibited Sports Betting Participant list after already having a FanTwist account or if the patron is not detected upon registration as a Prohibited Sports Betting Participant. FanTwist will bar such patron by providing the patron notification that contains their prohibited status and results of any investigation conducted by FanTwist. FanTwist will ensure that immediately upon barring the Prohibited Sports Betting Participant, no new wagers or deposits will be accepted from the patron, until such time as the Prohibited Sports Betting Participant patron is no longer on the prohibited list and the barring has been lifted. FanTwist will ensure that a Prohibited Sports Betting Participant patron is not prevented from withdrawing any or all of their account balance, and that the reason(s) for barring would not prohibit a FanTwist mobile app or web site account Mobile Wagering Account withdrawal.
- If FanTwist accepts a bet on an event for which the outcome has already been determined, then FanTwist reserves the right to deem that bet void.
- For any questions related to these House Rules, general questions, or complaints, customers may contact FanTwist at firstname.lastname@example.org. It is the responsibility of FanTwist to receive and address patron complaints. If Circa Sports Iowa is unable to resolve the customer dispute in a manner deemed satisfactory to the customer, the customer retains the right to submit a complaint in writing to the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission at: 1300 Des Moines Street, Suite 100, Des Moines, IA 50309
- For wagering purposes, unless otherwise stipulated on the FanTwist mobile app or web site, games are official after: Pro and College – 55 minutes completed.
- All football games must be played within 8 days of originally scheduled date and take place within a 100-mile radius of the originally scheduled venue/site.
- All football point spreads and totals will default to a price of -110 (risk $110 to win $100) unless otherwise noted on the FanTwist mobile app or web site.
- For wagering purposes, unless otherwise stipulated on the FanTwist mobile app or web site, games are official after: Pro – 43 minutes completed, College – 35 minutes completed.
- All basketball games must be played on the originally scheduled date, at the originally scheduled site to be considered action.
- All basketball point spreads and totals will default to a price of -110 (risk $110 to win $100) unless otherwise noted on the Circa Sports Iowa mobile app.
- For wagering purposes, unless otherwise stipulated on the FanTwist mobile app or web site, games are official after: All – 55 minutes completed.
- All hockey games must be played on the originally scheduled date, at the originally scheduled site to be considered action.
- In the event of a shootout, the winner is awarded 1 goal, which will be used to decide both the winner/loser of the game, as well as the total, for wagering purposes.
- For wagering purposes, unless otherwise stipulated on the FanTwist mobile app or web site, games are official after: All - For the purposes of a game winner, results will be official after the completion of 5 innings or 4.5 innings if the home team is winning. After 5 innings are completed, if a game is called or suspended, the winner is determined by the score after the last full inning of play, unless the home team scores to tie or take the lead in the bottom half of the inning, in which case the score is determined by the score at the time the game is called. For totals, run lines, and proposition wagers, games must go the full 9 innings to be considered action or 8.5 innings if the home team is leading.
- All baseball games must be played on the originally scheduled date at the originally scheduled site to be considered action.
- Pro Baseball Playoff games will have action regardless of the date played and/or completed, unless specified otherwise on the FanTwist mobile app or web site.
- Pitcher Rules – 3 Ways to Place a Pro Baseball Wager on full game and first 5 innings
- “ACTION” - No starting pitchers specified; bet is action once the first pitch is thrown. In the event of a pitching change to the non-listed pitcher, odds will be adjusted to the opening line established by FanTwist.
- “ONE PITCHER LISTED” – One starting pitcher is specified; bet is action once the pitcher the patron has selected as “LISTED” has thrown the first pitch of the game for their respective team. In the event of a pitching change to the non-listed pitcher, odds will be adjusted to the opening line established by FanTwist upon the naming of a new starting pitcher. In the event of a pitching change to the “LISTED” pitcher, bet will be refunded.
- “BOTH PITCHERS LISTED” – Both starting pitchers are specified, bet is action once both “LISTED” pitchers have thrown the first pitch of the game for their respective teams. In the event of a pitching change to either pitcher, bet will be refunded.
- First 5 Inning Bets
- First 5 innings of a game must be completed in full or all bets will be refunded.
- Once first 5 innings have been completed in full, all first 5 inning wagers will stand, independent of the outcome, or the length of the remainder of the game.
- First Inning Props
- First inning must be completed in full or all bets will be refunded.
- Once the first inning is complete, all first inning wagers will stand, independent of the outcome or the length of the remainder of the game.
- For wagering purposes, unless otherwise stipulated on the FanTwist mobile app or web site, games are official after: All – Must go at least 90 minutes for action.
- Stoppage time (Injury time) is included in the final score for wagering purposes.
- Extra time and/or shootouts are not included in final score unless otherwise stated on the FanTwist mobile app or web site.
- All soccer games must be played on originally scheduled date at the originally scheduled site/venue for action.
- For wagering purposes, unless otherwise stipulated on the FanTwist mobile app or web site, matches are official after: All – considered action once the opening bell/buzzer sounds, regardless of the scheduled length of the bout.
- All fights must be fought on the originally scheduled date unless otherwise stipulated. All bets will be considered action regardless of any site, venue, and/or location change.
- Any changes in the length of the fight, Championship/Non-Championship status, weight class, etc. shall have no effect on a fight being considered action.
- For a round to be considered complete, the fighters must answer the bell at the beginning of the next round, except for the final scheduled round, in which the final bell signifies the completion of the round, and the fight.
- For wagering purposes, all tennis tournaments must be completed within 14 days of the originally scheduled date of completion.
- For wagering purposes, unless otherwise stipulated on the FanTwist mobile app or web site, a match is official after at least 1 full set has been completed.
- Following the completion of at least 1 full set, whoever is declared the winner of the match will be considered the winner for betting purposes.
- First Set Betting
- Once the first set has been completed, all first set wagers will stand, independent of the outcome or the length of the remainder of the match.
- For all game spreads and game totals, the match must be completed in full for these bets to have action. Retirements, disqualifications, and walkovers will be considered no action.
- Unless indicated otherwise, all tennis handicap and total bets use games won as the scoring unit.
- For wagering purposes, all motor sports races must be completed within 8 days of originally scheduled date.
- For matchup wagering, both drivers must start the race for action, unless otherwise stated.
- Wager is on the driver only, not team or car to win race/matchup.
- In the event of a shortened race, all matchups, proposition bets, and/or future bets are considered official once the respective sanctioning body declares a winner.
- For all NASCAR related wagers, results will be posted after the official inspection process has been completed (approximately 90-120 minutes following the race).
- In the event of a disqualification, adjusted NASCAR finishing order will apply to all wagers.
- Any disqualified drivers will be placed last in the field, only finishing ahead of any other disqualified drivers whom they originally finished higher than.
- For wagering purposes, this post inspection finishing positions will be used to determine both the race winner and matchups winners.
- For wagering purposes, golf tournaments must be completed within 14 days of originally scheduled date of completion.
- For matchup wagering, both golfers must tee for action unless otherwise stated.
- For wagering purposes, the golfer with the lowest score wins the matchup (with equal rounds played). If one golfer continues play after his opponent has missed the cut, withdrawn, or been disqualified, the golfer who continues is the winner for the purposes of the matchup. If both golfers in a full tournament matchup are involved in a playoff, either of the golfers must win the tournament to win the matchup. All other participants of the playoff tie each other.
- In stroke play, all daily matchups are 18 holes. Playoff holes do not count.
- For wagering purposes all matchup/futures wagers are considered official once a winner of the tournament is declared.
- For wagering purposes, all Olympic winners will be determined by the official IOC Podium results upon a competition’s end, and are considered official regardless of protests, reversals, and/or overturned decisions.
- All Olympic wagers will be considered action regardless of date, site/venue, and/or location changes, as long as the event is completed prior to the Closing Ceremonies.
- For Olympic wagering purposes, all competitors must start for action. Any disqualification occurring on the “field of play” will be considered a start, and will be action for betting purposes.
- For all Olympic events involving a set length of play, the event must go until at least 5 minutes prior to the pre-determined amount of time for action, unless otherwise stated on the Circa Sports Iowa mobile app.
- FanTwist will prohibit patrons from placing wager(s) on the performance of athletes in an individual international sporting event governed by the international Olympic committee in which any participant in the international sporting event is under 18 years of age. As such, FanTwist will only offer team-based events and not individual events.
- An eSports match must start for action.
- For wagering purposes, the winner will be deemed by the respective governing body.
- For wagering purposes, matches must be completed within 8 days of the originally scheduled date.
- Matches are action regardless of location of the participants.
- Matches are action regardless of any technical malfunctions so long as a winner is declared by the appropriate governing body. In the event a technical malfunction results in no winner being declared, all bets will be refunded.
OTHER SPORT EVENTS
- For all sporting events not mentioned above that involve a set length of play, the event must go until at least 5 minutes prior to the pre-determined amount of time for action, unless otherwise stated on the FanTwist mobile app or web site.
- All other events not listed above must be completed within 8 days of originally scheduled date of completion and take place at originally scheduled site/venue unless otherwise stipulated on the FanTwist mobile app or web site.
- Any other sporting event to be offered by FanTwist is subject to the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission’s approval and the FanTwist will be updated and revised upon approval of such sporting event/other event.
FUTURES WAGERING (ODDS TO WIN)
- All futures wagers are considered action unless stipulated otherwise on the FanTwist mobile app or web site. No refunds will be given unless otherwise stated.
- For betting purposes, futures wagers winners will be the winner/champion as determined by the governing body, chairman, office, etc. of a particular sport.
- Future wagers are considered action despite name changes and/or relocation of team.
- In the event of a “Dead Heat” tied outcome, co-winners, or multiple winners of a given event, winning wagers will have payouts recalculated by dividing the odds of the bet or parlay leg by the number “co-winners”.
- For the purposes of player proposition wagering, any stipulations will be listed on the FanTwist mobile app and web site.
- For the purposes of player proposition wagering (except soccer), all overtime periods are included.
- Proposition bets on collegiate sports events is prohibited and will not be offered by FanTwist in accordance the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission.
- For all in-game/live wagering, all markets must be played to their originally scheduled completion unless otherwise stipulated.
- All off the board parlays are paid according to the following odds calculations: true odds calculation.
- Maximum off-the-board parlay payout is 1000-1.
- Any “TIE”, “PUSH”, or “NO ACTION” on any leg reduces the parlay to the next lowest payout level.
- Any “TIE”, “PUSH”, or “NO ACTION” on either leg of a two-leg parlay turns the wager into a straight bet.
- Any rule(s) present on a mobile parlay card within the FanTwist mobile app and web site will take precedent over House Rules.
- For two team teasers, a “PUSH” or “NO ACTION” combined with a loss on the second leg will result in the teaser losing. A “PUSH” or “NO ACTION” combined with a “WIN”, “PUSH”, or “NO ACTION” on the second leg will result in the teaser being refunded.
- Any “TIE”, “PUSH”, or “NO ACTION” on any leg of a 3-leg or greater teaser reduces the teaser to the next lowest payout level.
- Teaser points will be assigned in a cross-sport teaser according to the corresponding teaser levels (Ex: a 3-team Level 1 teaser including 2 NFL games and 1 NBA game would be paid at the corresponding payout of 3/2. Each NFL game would receive 6 points added to the game line, and the NBA game would receive 5 points added to the game line.)MOBILE
WAGERING – GENERAL INFORMATION
- FanTwist shall provide each patron, upon reasonable request, with a statement of account showing each mobile app deposit, withdrawal, credit, and debit made during the time period reported by the account statement. The patron may dispute any transaction to the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission.
- For all wagers, FanTwist shall make a voice, print, electronic, or other approved record of the entire transaction and shall not accept any wager if the recording system is inoperable. FanTwist record of a patron’s confirmation of wagers shall be deemed to be the transaction of record. Such records are made available to the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission upon request.
- FanTwist reserves the right to:
- Refuse to establish a Mobile or Web based Wagering Account.
- Refuse deposits to Mobile or Web based Wagering Accounts.
- Refuse to accept all or part of any wager.
- Declare that wagers will no longer be received.
- Suspend or close any wagering account at any time pursuant to the FanTwist Wagering Account and Mobile Application Terms of Service. If a Mobile Wagering Account is closed, FanTwist return the balance of the wagering account at the time of said action, subject to compliance with the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission’s regulations, FanTwist, and federal and state laws, by sending a check to the patron’s address of record or as otherwise provided pursuant to the FanTwist Wagering Account and Mobile Application Terms of Service.
- Except as otherwise expressly provided, FanTwist shall keep confidential the following:
- The amount of money credited to, debited from, or present in any particular patron’s Mobile Wagering Account.
- The amount of money wagered by a particular patron on any game.
- The account number and secure personal identification method that identifies the patron.
- The identities of particular entries on which a patron is wagering or has wagered.
- The name, address, and other information in the possession of FanTwist that would identify the patron to anyone other than the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission or FanTwist.
- Patrons will be able to access information pertaining to any promotions or bonuses available to them by logging into the FanTwist with their Account Number and Password.
- FanTwist maintains a list of each person assigned to a mobile app and the date in which the person was added or removed. This Sports Book System does not currently allow for multiple users at this time. FanTwist will not allow multiple login credentials for the same mobile app.
- FanTwist pursuant to the Mobile Application Account Closure procedures will terminate all accounts of any sports betting account patron that knowingly and intentionally establishes or seeks to establish multiple active accounts, in contravention of this Rule, whether directly or by use of another person as a proxy.
- FanTwist will periodically re-verify a patron’s identification to make sure it’s valid and unexpired upon reasonable suspicion if FanTwist believes that the patron’s identification has been compromised. FanTwist will put on file any new identification credentials for a patron whose identification has been compromised.
- Any patron with a FanTwist mobile betting account will be allowed to withdraw the funds maintained in his or her account regardless of whether such account is currently open or closed. FanTwist reserves the right to decline a patron’s request to withdraw fund only if FanTwist believes in good faith that the patron engaged in either fraudulent conduct or other conduct that would put FanTwist in violation of the law. If FanTwist declines a patron’s withdrawal request FanTwist must provide notice to the patron about the declination and the subsequent investigation of the patron’s account. FanTwist will conduct its investigation in a reasonable and expedient fashion. FanTwist will provide the patron additional written notice of the status of the investigation every tenth (10th) business day starting from the day the original notice was provided to the patron. With respect to a patron account withdrawal from the FanTwist mobile app, a request for withdrawal will be considered met and honored if it is processed by FanTwist notwithstanding a delay by a payment processor, a debit card issuer, or the custodian of a financial account.
- FanTwist will consider a patron’s account to be dormant if the patron has not logged into the account for at least three (3) years. FanTwist will close any such account immediately pursuant to our Mobile Application Account Closure procedures.
- Unclaimed funds of patrons that remain in a dormant patron account shall be presumed abandoned after three (3) years. FanTwist will report and deliver all funds of patrons that are presumed abandoned to the Treasurer of the state of Iowa. At least sixty (60) days prior to reporting any funds of the patron to the Treasurer of the State of Iowa, FanTwist will provide notice to the patron’s last known physical or email address that FanTwist has on file stating the presumed closure and return of funds if the patron does not log into their account before the three (3) year period elapses.
What is Fantwist?
It really is Fantasy Sports with a Sports Betting Twist. We use fantasy points scoring to determine game(s) outcomes which are not tied to the game’s final score but the amount of fantasy points scored by players on the same team.
Is It Sports Betting or a Contest?
It mirrors sports betting more than a contest. You can bet on the point spread, money line, totals, parlays and teasers, much like a traditional sports book.
So how do I draft my team and stay within a salary cap?
You don’t draft a team, nor do you stay within a salary cap, nor do you pay an entrance fee, nor are your chances of winning the bet eliminated because of the injury to a star player, nor can the sharks influence your winning or losing. If you make a bet on the Philadelphia 76ers to beat the LA Lakers, every player on the 76ers team that plays the Guard, Center, and Forward positions throughout the game will accumulate fantasy points.
Who am I playing against?
No one. You are making a bet not playing against anyone. If you make a Moneyline bet, you are simply betting that the team you choose and all players on that team playing in the game will score more fantasy points than the opposing team they are playing.
If you have additional question just reach out to us via email: Questions.
FANTWIST AND FAN FAIR DIGITAL ENCOURAGES YOU TO GAMBLE RESPONSIBLY
For problem gambling information and assistance, call the 24 hour confidential National Problem Gambling Help at 1-800-522-4700. Or visit WhenTheFunStops.org
If you have further questions please email them to: email@example.com
Fantwist Version 1.1.10
Fantasy Sports with A Twist
- No Drafting Players
- No Salary Caps
- No Contest Entry Fee
- Pick Your Team
- Make A Bet (Point Spread, Money Line, Totals)
- All players occupying scoring positions on your team throughout the game accumulate Fantasy Points.